Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A busy season


Wow! What a season! It has been a busy but good time and now we are in the home stretch. I have really missed DJ over the last week as he has been at Outdoor Education Camp, but we had a great weekend together. We were able to spend part of Saturday and Sunday together here in Abilene and then I was able to go back to the lake with him on Sunday evening. We had a great time out on the boat and I enjoyed getting to watch as he taught his students the introduction to rifflery.

Yesterday, I was able to hang out with two precious little girls that belong to our friends. I wanted to give them a chance to have a break before their third little one arrives in the next few weeks. The girls were great… we enjoyed the morning at the zoo, then they fell sound asleep on the way home, napped for about an hour and a half and then we had some lunch at Chick-fil-A. The best part was the ice cream we enjoyed after they wore themselves out on the playground! Wow! What a mess, I felt terrible when their grandmother walked in to pick them up only to find us engaged in lots of licking and dripping!


Today, we took our third grade students on the last field trip of the school year to Red Bud Park. The kids loved watching the prairie dogs and just spending some time outdoors to enjoy the beautiful weather. I am working hard to get my classroom cleaned up and packed up for the summer. 3 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment