Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer so far...


It has been a busy summer. We had a great time in St. Louis and Chicago. I tried to blog a little more while we were there but had computer difficulties at the hotel. During June I also took a class called The Brain and Literacy. It was great because we only met 4 times and all of the other course work was online. My July class isn't going to be quite as easy. It only meets 4 times as well, but the work load is significantly larger. I will have to spend a couple of hours each day working on everything in order to not fall behind.

I have also signed up to be a Pampered Chef consultant, which is pretty crazy and very unlike me! I went to Pampered Chef Party in March and had a great time, so I told the consultant that I would love to host a party at my house. We love to have people over so it was a lot of fun. Then she asked if I had ever thought about having my own business and of course I said no because I love teaching, but then we started thinking about it. DJ and I decided it would be a great thing for me to do during the summers and so far I am really enjoying it. We also thought that it might be a great thing to have going when we have kids so that I might be able to stay home and have a little extra money coming in.

My first couple of shows went great and I thougt that my next show was on Tuesday. I had talked to my friend that was having it quite a bit and we had everything worked out except apparently I got the date wrong. I got a phone call about 5:30 on Monday with her asking if I was on my way. What!? I panicked and quickly threw everything in the car and got to her house as quickly as I could. On the way there I called DJ and asked him to please pray because I was literally about to cry. He did and I felt a huge peace. I pulled myself together (or I guess I should say the Lord did!) and I put a big smile on my face and walked into her house as the guests were arriving (something they definitely don't teach you to do in Pampered Chef training!) I used this opportunity to laugh at myself but I was also able to share with everyone there how God had given me the strength to do it because if it had been up to me I would have had tears streaming down my face when I arrived. The party actually went really well and I have learned a great lesson through it all... I will definitely continue to depend on the Lord and I will also double and triple check my dates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment