Friday, April 16, 2010

Lamentations 3:22-28
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him

This has been my favorite verse for years, but in the past week it has been so applicable. We are not consumed, we are trusting the Lord fully regardless of the outcome, knowing His will is best. After more than 2 years of trying to have a baby, we found out on Good Friday that we were expecting! What a blessing! The following Monday we went to the doctor for a blood pregnancy test and Tuesday we found out that I was miscarrying. We were devastated, to say the least, but I can truly say that we have been truly encouraged to keep hope knowing that the Lord has an amazing plan.

2 comments:

  1. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Remember Stephen Ministry can walk beside you through hard times. You might want to pull out those books I sent you when your mom passed away. They may bring you great comfort from the Cure Giver, Jesus. Love you guys! Miss seeing you. I will make an effort to look for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda... I just found this post months later and realized I never published it. I really appreciate your prayers and your constant encouragement!

    ReplyDelete